How to build the system image SDK update site XML file for VanillaIceCream?

StefanS

Nov 13, 2023, 3:26:32 PM11/13/23
to Android Building
I'm building Android 15 VanillaIceCream (current master) emulator images and followed this guide.

I want to add the system image build to Android Studio. I've successfully run:

lunch sdk_phone_x86_64-eng
m emu_img_zip

I can find the file out/target/product/emulator_x86_64/sdk-repo-linux-system-images.zip.

But I cannot find a repo-sys-img.xml which I need to add the image to Android Studio.

According to the guide this XML file is only generated for Android 12 and below. But what about newer Android versions?

The official Android system image XML URL is this one: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/sys-img/android/sys-img2-3.xml

I could download this file and edit it. But is this the way it's been done? I guess not.

I appreciate any help.