I'm following the instructions on source.android.com
for building kernels and unable to get it working on the Pixel 5.
There are a couple of paths I've taken with differing results.
1. Check out the aosp-kernel android-msm-redbull-4.19-android11-qpr2 branch
2. Run the build_redbull.sh (or build_rebull-gki.sh) script.
3. In the aosp directory, export TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL to the built Image.lz4-dtb from aosp-kernel
4. flash aosp using `fastboot flashall -w`
5. Observe bootloop, the devices never reaches a point where adbd starts and I can shell in
Then I saw from other posts that when recompiling the kernel the prebuilt kernel modules that are in the aosp repository are out of date and are being packaged into the vendor_boot image and failing to load.
So... next I tried copying all of the compiled aosp-kernel modules and images into the aosp/device/google/redbull-kernel directory and rebuilding.
This gets farther and I'm now able to adb shell into the device, but the display stays on the Android boot logo and various other services/sensors don't work.
So, my question is, what's the process for a successful build/flash of the aosp kernel on the Pixel 5?
For reference I'm using the aosp android-11.0.0_r37 branch and aosp kernel android-msm-redbull-4.19-android11-qpr2 branch.
Any help/instruction would be greatly appreciated!