Calling Robotics startups for Singularity University Accelerator ($100K seed funding+10 weeks of curriculum+workshop)

archie.j...@singularityu.org

Jun 24, 2015, 2:57:22 PM6/24/15
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com

Hi Android Robotics group,

I hope this message finds you well! My name is Archie and I work for Singularity University, a company which teaches and supports teams using exponential technology (3D printing, AI, drones, etc.) to solve global issues. We do a lot of work with companies in the robotics space, and as such I wanted to connect with the Android Based Robotics community.

One example of our ventures is Fellow Robots [http://fellowrobots.com/] which built a retail robot for Lowe’s Hardware. Lowe’s is one of our corporate partners and commissioned the robot to use in their flagship Orchard Hardware store in San Jose.

We are building our inaugural Accelerator (applications due 6/30!) which will be a 10 week program, complete with $100k in funding, access to awesome mentors, and long-term inclusion in the SU community.

I figure this would be a good opportunity for people working on cool projects in your network and wanted to get the info along.

Program details are as follow:

- For profits: $100,000 in seed funding for 7-10% equity

- Nonprofits (501(c)3 orgs: $20,000 in unrestricted grants.

- Intense hands on 10-week experience at SU's campus in Silicon Valley taking startups from prototype/early proof-of-concept to scale

- Provides “SU Accelerator Startups” access to an invested community of Fortune 1000 companies; the SU Network of business, technology and scientific leaders and entrepreneurs and alums from around the world.

Applications close on June 30, 2015!

Apply now  - http://startup.singularityu.org/accelerator/

Thanks so much and please let me know if you have any questions!