Meet HelloSpoon robot, an Android based robot that could help children and elderly!

Luis G III.

Jul 3, 2014, 2:17:02 PM7/3/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
Hello to everybody!

My name is Luis García and I'm the developer behind HelloSpoon robot.
What is HelloSpoon? Well, HelloSpoon is a mobile based robot inspired in a baby elephant to spend with children with upper limb difficulties, children with special needs and elderly three of the most important hours of the day for all of us (breakfast, meal, dinner).

Here I want to share with all of you one video of me testing HelloSpoon before doing the real testing with children and elderly, just to be 100% sure that HelloSpoon is safe enough to share some time with other people :-)

Some thecnical info about HelloSpoon:
HelloSpoon is using as main core one mobile app with PocketSphinx as voice recognition engine, as servo controller I'm using one OpenCM-9.04 type B and as the robotic trunk I'm using the "new" Dynamixel XL-320.

HelloSpoon is a project I've been working on for a bit more than a year, first it was using Dynamixel Ax-12 servos but when XL-320 where presented at the beginning of this year I started to use them because one of the main ideals behind HelloSpoon is offer an affordable, fun and easy to use robot.

Please feel free to leave a comment, if you like it, if you hate it, anything :-)
And if you like, why don't share it in any of your social media? So more people will know that a development like HelloSpoon is being made :-)

Thanks!

Sanyaade Adekoya

Aug 12, 2014, 7:18:42 PM8/12/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com