New To Android Robotics

Tamzeed Azad

Feb 7, 2016, 12:35:31 AM2/7/16
to Android Based Robotics
Hi Guys,

I am new to Android Robotics and not a programmer at all.  I am putting together a robot just to learn more and try to do unique things with it.
Currently I have a wheelchair base which I am running using RC Controls with the Sabertooth 2x32 Motor Controller.  I want to incorporate a Pan Tilt Base with a Android Phone using the IOIO Boards.

I have a few ask for this project.

1.  Pan Tilt Android Phone so I can have Video and Audio to my PC.
2.  Internet Controlled/Wifi Controlled.
3.  Led Lights Controlled using relay or even servo.

Can you guys guide me in the right direction?  I am such a noob at programming so looking for something I can just follow and install.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Taz

Frank Lopez

Feb 24, 2016, 10:46:41 AM2/24/16
to Android Based Robotics

i dont consider myself a noob but i am new dealing with OpenCV and or Video for image processing "Visual Servoing" but i'am new to ioio and still waiting for my new MCU from online and so i downloaded the Android mobile platform and im familiar with Java and C++ including Arduino and most popular peripherals and the use of Serial Connect-ability via Visual Studio2013

im currently working on a Humanoid platform and looking to apply cognitive or neural systems to a AI program i been writing using C# as OpenCV been kinda of a pain to work with or maybe is just me, if anyone can guide me in the workflow of applying visual servoing as i seen some self driving cars online i think i can learn from that and use that as a foundation to convert from dc motor action to map(); using a sort of pixel coordinates and its homogeneous coordinates in the camera reference frame to have the platform guide itself through our environment.