Autonomous Android Vehicles

nicolas oros

Mar 6, 2014, 2:11:01 PM3/6/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
discussion about Autonomous Android Vehicles...

Dirk Snoeck Henkemans

Jul 1, 2014, 9:47:28 AM7/1/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
attached is a video of an Android powered i-robot create line follower using opencv and the phones camera.

I also attached my robotic platform that i have built using the ioio. I really loved your paper and it has helped me a lot with my masters. if there is any information that would be beneficial to my masters i would greatly appreciate it.
video-2011-01-01-05-09-18.mp4

nicolas oros

Jul 2, 2014, 2:13:38 PM7/2/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
cool projects. I'm glad the website/paper was useful to you.

Al B

Nov 6, 2014, 11:10:55 AM11/6/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

How are you?

Any new Android based robotic project or robot?

I finally got some spare time and decided to put together a two-wheeled dynamically balancing robot using the IOIO and Android. Here is the preliminary result:

http://youtu.be/xtMCmuR8uNU

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
-Al

nicolas oros

Nov 6, 2014, 9:17:49 PM11/6/14
to android-bas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al B,

your robot looks really cool. Two-wheeled robots are really popular these days.

I've been using the same phone holder since you gave me the link. But for my new outdoor robot, I will be using a solid but slightly more expensive mount:

I finally had the time to build a rover based robot using the 4wd Dagu rover 5, its motor driver board, the IOIO OTG, and the same pan & tilt unit I used before.
It's a nice little platform for indoor but it's a bit slow compared to my old RC car ;-)

But I'm going to start building a 6WD wild thumper ABR next week for an outdoor search and rescue project so that should be fun. I'll take some pictures and videos once I'm done.

Best,
Nicolas