Page flip 'scroll' mode

Koxx

Jan 14, 2011, 6:37:22 PM1/14/11
to android-appwidget-extensions
Hi guys,

what do you think about improving our scrollable mode to support page
flip 'scrolling' mode ?
AnderWebbs, Florian, Bo, or anyone else, would you be interested to
work on this with me ?

For pictures album, music player or news widgets, it would be great.

Ander Web

Jan 14, 2011, 7:30:51 PM1/14/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com

Afaik, android 2.2 already allows usage of viewflipper/viewswitcher (can't remember which one) on appwidgets as remoteviews (check market widget).

Florian Sundermann

Jan 14, 2011, 8:50:16 PM1/14/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

don't know if it is possible yet but if you need help I will help you.

Francois DESLANDES

Jan 15, 2011, 4:57:06 AM1/15/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks :)

I am thinking to use :
- a ViewFlipper
- RemoteViews to provide layouts and datas of each ViewFlipper panel
- a GestureDetector to detect up/down gestures on the ViewFlipper

The behavior :
- at init, the widget would use an intent with multiple RemoteViews to provide new datas for the ViewFlipper
- after each ViewFlipper transition, the launcher would broadcast a intent to the widget to warn him to fill the x new datas for the ViewFlipper (for 'pages' n-1, n-2, n+1, n+2)

What do you think about it ?

2011/1/15 Florian Sundermann <boom...@googlemail.com>

--
Francois Deslandes @ Pure widgets - Android widgets

zmc...@gmail.com

May 30, 2012, 3:12:01 AM5/30/12
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
I have tried to view the page scrolling ebook on iPhone and Android system. Afterwards, I thought the page scrolling effect is unique for presentation, so I tried make it on our company catalogues, see the page scrolling demos: http://gmag.gulahmed.com/cat/021201/preloader.swf
So maybe you can try to make a similiar one via turning page software.

Francois DESLANDES

May 30, 2012, 4:25:25 AM5/30/12
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
this is not supported by Android widgets.
ciao,
Francois