more than one listview in one widget

Jonas Rahlf

Oct 15, 2011, 9:55:21 PM10/15/11
to android-appwidget-extensions
Hi,
has anybody tried to get more than one listview working in a widget
(In my case 2)?
I have a second listview which displays data dependent which item was
selected in the first listview.

For the second listview I currently face the problem, that my second
provider is not queried.
The strange thing is, it works exceptionally for one "session", but
then after removing and adding the widget to the screen it does not
work any longer. Not even after clearing launcher data.

I'm still investigating what is causing the issue but I also saw that
ADW Launcher logged something like "after removing our scrollable
widgets array contains 1" after removing my widget from homescreen
which means, that the launcher doesn't really know about the second
listview.

Maybe someone got two listviews working or an idea what is going wrong
there?

Jonas Rahlf

Oct 16, 2011, 4:22:49 PM10/16/11
to android-appwidget-extensions
Ok the problem was, that android is caching the pendingIntent and
therefore I received a wrong appWidgetId.

Florian Sundermann

Oct 17, 2011, 2:06:49 AM10/17/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thx for the solution. I am glad to hear that it works to have 2 listviews.

Jonas Rahlf

Oct 31, 2011, 9:43:08 AM10/31/11
to android-appwidget-extensions
if someone is interested, you can find it in the market as gtalk
widget ;)