Very simple scrollable widget that works with LauncherPro, ADWLauncher and Home++ ?

Mark

Feb 16, 2011, 5:38:08 PM2/16/11
to android-appwidget-extensions
Hi,

is this possible?
Also it should use its own DataProvider, not a built-in like the
bookmarks, so you can provide your own data.

I found the following samples:

"Example Scrollable Widget 2" (a bookmark widget which doesn't provide
it's own DataProvider but uses the system's bookmarks) form the Home++
homepage:
http://hpp.intuitit.mobi/for-developers#TOC-Building-Scrollable-Widget
- LauncherPro: works for a second then crashes the complete
LauncherPro
- Home++: works
- ADW: doesn't work, blank widget

"TestWidget4x2 / simplescrollablewidget"
Uses its own DataProvider. Very simple.
http://code.google.com/p/simplescrollablewidget/
- LauncherPro: works
- Home++: empty widget, DataProvider never gets queried, no
ACTION_FINISH comes.
- ADW: works

"ContactsWidget / scrollablecontactwidget"
Uses its own DataProvider. Display contacts with images.
http://code.google.com/p/scrollablecontacts/
- LauncherPro: works
- Home++: empty widget
- ADW: works

Help would be greatly appreciated.
It's strange that with Home++ the inventor (?) of scrollable widgets
many widgets don't work.

Mark

Francois DESLANDES

Feb 17, 2011, 2:06:39 AM2/17/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Home++ developpement is stopped since a long time.
It didn't follow the API improvement we added, this is the reason why nothing works on it.

--
Francois Deslandes @ Pure widgets - Android widgets

Mark Eggenstein

Feb 17, 2011, 3:47:26 AM2/17/11
to android-appwid...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok, I didn't know that.
But shouldn't it work nevertheless, because I am not using any API improvement?

But the positive is, one thing less to worry about.
Which launchers do most people test with then?
- LauncherPro
- ADW?
any other?

Mark