Next event + call for topics and speakers

Arpit Mathur

Jan 22, 2014, 9:54:01 PM1/22/14
to android-allian...@googlegroups.com, Chuck Greb, Dallas Gutauckis, Corey Latislaw
Hi all,

So the next Android Alliance Event will be the coming Wednesday. While we finalize the details, we do have a speaker slot open, so if you have anything interesting that you'd like to talk about, we'd love to hear it.

Remember our event is pretty informal so you dont have to put too much time into it. Anything you are working on that would be useful for the rest of the community to know about, a quirky problem, a new library you are using, etc, all of these are great topics for talks.

While I am at it, I am also curious if there are things you'd like to see talked about. Here is a partial list I would love for a few talks on:
  • "How we built x: challenges and lessons learned" talks
  • Some deconstruction of the cool Android UI tricks in newer apps and how to do them
  • Deeper dive into Android Account Managers and experience if anyone used them
  • Deeper dive into location apis, including the Fused Location Provider
  • Renderscript
  • The Multi-user gaming support in the latest Play Services Update
  • Using HockeyApp, Crashalytics or other services for tracking app performance
  • Some cool open source library that you wrote or use
  • Any talks on developing games on Android
etc etc

So what are topics that might be of interest to you guys?

-arpit