can't create a new signature

Doaa Hassan

Jun 23, 2014, 3:28:43 PM6/23/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am trying to use androcsign.py to create a signature for an android app and add it to database. However when I run ./androcsign.py, I got an exception error as follows:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
android@honeynet:~/tools/androguard$ ./androcsign.py -i examples/obfu/classes_aw.sign -o examples/obfu/dbsample
impossible to find Lorg/nws/aweather/AWeather; forwardMsg ()V
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./androcsign.py", line 68, in <module>
    main(options, arguments)
  File "./androcsign.py", line 40, in main
    ret = s.add_file( open( options.input, "rb" ).read() )
  File ".//core/analysis/msign.py", line 494, in add_file
    raise("ooo")
TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not str

I expect androcsign to run correctly as I tried it before with classes_tc.sign in  examples/obfu/ and it works by creating a new signature in examples/obfu/dbsample

Do you have any clue to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Doaa