Memory used by Androsim script when comparing APKs

Dominique Righetto

Aug 21, 2014, 3:36:45 AM8/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have installed the last version of Androguard on a Linux "Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS 64 bits" with Python 2.7

The host is a VMWARE VM with 1 CPU (2 Core) and 5GB of RAM.

I meet a strange behavior with "androsim.py" script when I start comparison between 2 APK below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lu.bcee.snetmobile
==> (9MB)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifs.banking.fiid1034
==>(7MB)

The script reach the memory limit (5GB RAM + 2GB Swap) and seems to require more memory...

The script do not consume so much memory in cases below:
  • When I apply comparison between "lu.bcee.snetmobile" APK and any other APK,
  • When I apply comparison between another APKs.

I have tried command lines below with the same behavior:

sudo python androsim.py -i com.ifs.banking.fiid1034.apk lu.bcee.snetmobile.apk

sudo python androsim
.py -n -i com.ifs.banking.fiid1034.apk lu.bcee.snetmobile.apk

sudo python androsim
.py -c ZLIB -n -i com.ifs.banking.fiid1034.apk lu.bcee.snetmobile.apk

sudo python androsim
.py -i lu.bcee.snetmobile.apk com.ifs.banking.fiid1034.apk

Do you have an idea of the root cause ?

Thanks in advance :)

Dominique