Can't pick a different folder on android 7 nougat

pke...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2016, 6:58:09 AM9/6/16
to AndreasLiebig
Starts up fine but I can't choose a different folder to root. Touching the 'pick a folder' dialogue does nothing. I'm on a nexus 5x.

Andreas Liebig

Sep 6, 2016, 6:07:32 PM9/6/16
to AndreasLiebig

Hello.

Thank you for the report.
I will have to look into this. Since I am on holiday at the moment it might take a while though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Andreas

<pke...@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 6. Sep. 2016, 06:58:
Starts up fine but I can't choose a different folder to root. Touching the 'pick a folder' dialogue does nothing. I'm on a nexus 5x.

jlei...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2016, 2:26:09 AM11/1/16
to AndreasLiebig, pke...@gmail.com
Also having this issue on Nexus 6p with Android 7

mrcle...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2016, 4:16:34 AM11/2/16
to AndreasLiebig, pke...@gmail.com
I am running android 7 on the LG V20.  I can't get write permissions on my SD card.  I can browse to the default directory but can't list any files in any directory on the phone or storsge\0000-0000\data.  I can't transfer files to the phone.  I don't think the app has the proper permissions or I am missing a setting

Command:    CWD /storage/0000-0000/data
Response:    550 No such directory

satis...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 4:49:30 AM1/20/17
to AndreasLiebig
One plus 3 on Android 7.0 same problem. Cannot pick up folder

smartassn...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 4:27:30 AM2/25/17
to AndreasLiebig, pke...@gmail.com
Same problem on an HTC 10 running Nougat.  The Default Directory preference shows only the root, probably because the app is unable to list the subfolders.  An FTP client (Core FTP LE running on Windows 7) connects, tries a directory listing of /, and reports "Requested action not taken.  does not exist, not a directory or insufficient rights".  I vote for insufficient rights.

hadi...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2017, 6:41:16 AM2/26/17
to AndreasLiebig
Have similar problem with Android N (Lineage 14.1) click 'pick folder' do nothing.

Andreas Liebig

Feb 26, 2017, 7:14:30 AM2/26/17
to AndreasLiebig
Thank you for the report.

I am aware of the issue and currently working on a new version for Android 6+

ivo.p...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 1:48:08 PM3/10/17
to AndreasLiebig, pke...@gmail.com
The same here for Xperia with fresh android 7.

broo...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 11:58:02 AM3/28/17
to AndreasLiebig
Any update. Not working on my Honor 8. Android 7. :)

akn...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2017, 5:06:25 AM4/14/17
to AndreasLiebig
Same here with OP3T.

Joha...@hubersoft.net

Aug 6, 2017, 9:17:09 AM8/6/17
to AndreasLiebig
Still can't change folder on Android 7 (Huawei Mate 9). Is there an update to fix this problem?

sascha.sc...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2017, 8:10:21 AM8/7/17
to AndreasLiebig, Joha...@hubersoft.net
Same here for the Mate 9 with Android 7.0. It works on the OnePlus One with offical CynaogenOS 13.1.2 (Android 6.1).
How's the current status of the update you wrote about in February? I developed some Android stuff in my studies, maybe I can help you?