Galaxy S5 FileZilla - can't work with external storage

Terry Wysocki

Dec 8, 2016, 7:58:10 PM12/8/16
to AndreasLiebig
Installed today on my Galaxy S5 (v6.0.1). Connected to home = root. FileZilla displays \sdcard and \storage in the file tree. However, I have problems modifying the "storage" external memory. I can't create a directory, can't rename a directory or file, can't delete or transfer anything to it. It APPEARS like the process is working and I get no error messages. But the end result is that there was no change.

Andreas Liebig

Dec 20, 2016, 5:08:58 AM12/20/16
to AndreasLiebig
Hi.

This is a permission issue.

Hopefully, together with other permission issues, I find time during the holidays to address the issue.

For now, as a workaround you should be able to write to [EXTERNAL SDCARD]/Android/data/lutey.FTPServer/files

Andreas