SD card access

gswar...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2016, 12:46:06 PM1/1/16
to AndreasLiebig
Hi Andreas

The FTP server's great and I love that it allows me to connect to the external SD card. I know SD support is problematic in Android, but is there a way I've missed to make that access read/write?

Guy

rjl...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 6:17:04 PM2/2/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
There should be a way. WiFi File Explorer for example allows to do it (in a convoluted way) with Android 5.x and it works. I wish it would be available in FTPServer but it doesn't seem so.

Andreas Liebig

Feb 3, 2016, 1:04:25 AM2/3/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
What android device are you using? I do not own any device where it does not work, so I need to find a problematic one to implement it.
Thanx

Jacques Lederrey

Feb 3, 2016, 9:24:10 AM2/3/16
to andreasl...@googlegroups.com
Samsung S5 running 5.1.1. Some folders on the SD refuse to be written to by FTPServer.

Message has been deleted

vte...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 5:35:29 AM5/26/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
I have an LG G3 with a 32 GB external card and I cannot write to the card.

gabe....@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2016, 6:46:28 AM8/24/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
I'm having the same issue on an LG G4. I can't do any remote modification or copying files to the phone on the External SDcard. However, all expected write and file modifications do work when using FTPServer when the phone directory is in the emulated (built-in) SD storage.

FTPServer and Filezilla gives the error
Response:    550 Requested action not taken. /storage/08C9-6D85/All Sync/Transfer/file.txt : insufficient rights, file does not exist or other error.

rjl...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2016, 10:27:24 AM8/24/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com, gabe....@gmail.com
I'm still having that same problem with my S5 now upgraded to 6.1. This is really frustrating.

christoph...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2016, 2:40:35 AM9/8/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com, gabe....@gmail.com, rjl...@gmail.com
Yep, my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6.0.1) doesn't allow access to the "/storage/emulated" directory, nor anything in that tree.

roeland....@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2016, 2:10:33 AM9/24/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
Same problem for me, and:

  • It's not possible on Android KitKat (4.4) at all.
  • On Android 5 and 6, there is a way to ask for permission to write to the SD card. I know third-party file managers can do it, the first time you want to browse the SD card they ask to select the SD card root folder using some native file dialog, which then apparently gives the app permission to write to that SD card.

san00...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2016, 6:29:24 PM10/23/16
to AndreasLiebig, gswar...@gmail.com
I was having the same problem, (Samsung Galaxy S5), but the solution in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/andreasliebigapps/bdL3Ng8zSak worked for me - i could upload files to the SD Card, then used Total Commander to move them around.