New Phone...old data

Shawn

Jul 24, 2011, 5:31:31 PM7/24/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Help! I had to buy a new phone as my old one died, well, email and
txt died. I bought a new phone but don't know how I can get the old
data off the old phone. I cannot move it to the memory card and I
can't email it, since the email no longer works. How can I get this
data, I will need it for income taxes. I would really like to get it
to the new phone so all data is in the same place.
Thanks,
Shawn

AndiCar Support

Aug 6, 2011, 5:05:57 AM8/6/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Hi

You can make a backup of your data, copy the backup file to your new
phone's sdcard, and restore it. The steps are:

1. Create a backup on the old phone: open andicar and go to Prefences -
> backup and restore -> backup
2. Using a PC copy the backup file from the old phone's sdcard to the
new phone's sdcard. The location of the file is /sdcard/andicar/
backups
3. Restore the backup on the new phone

happyt...@gmail.com

May 13, 2013, 10:25:02 PM5/13/13
to and...@googlegroups.com

happyt...@gmail.com

May 13, 2013, 10:29:35 PM5/13/13
to and...@googlegroups.com, happyt...@gmail.com
I don't have an sdcard on my new phone.   I downloaded andi car and it isn't in my file list.  I added some data and did a backup.  I looked for the bk####file but search found nothing.  I have a backup from the old phone but cant figure where to put it on the new phone so restore can find it.  Can you help?

miki

May 18, 2013, 1:39:20 PM5/18/13
to and...@googlegroups.com, happyt...@gmail.com
Hi,

Every Android device has an sdcard. If is not physical it's emulated.

1. Connect your device to your PC using an USB cable.
2. Select on your device Media device (MTP) connection profile. This is very important!
3. In Windows explorer navigate to: Computer -> <your device> -> Phone -> andicar -> backups (see the attached screenshot)
4. Copy the bk.... file here
5. Restore it from within AndiCar

andicarBackupFolder.png