SMTP authentication not configured

已查看 12 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

bc18...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年7月6日 18:35:442016/7/6
收件人 AndiCar - free car manager
I love this app however I recently had to wipe my phone so I lost all my backups of a years worth of mileage tracking.

Going forward I just discovered the secure backup function (wish I had known before!) but I am unsure how to set it up.

Under the parts that says Gmail is required I put in my Gmail address, the password for the account and the email I want it sent to. However when I goes to backup I keep getting the message SMTP AUTHENTICATION NOT CONFIGURED (NO USERNAME). could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong or a step by step walkthrough?

Miklós Keresztes

未读,
2016年7月7日 12:35:472016/7/7
收件人 and...@googlegroups.com

Hi.

Please stop the application completely from the list of running applications.

This will force a rereads of all the configurations.

bc18...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年7月7日 14:14:052016/7/7
收件人 AndiCar - free car manager
This solution worked great! I will note that initially google refused to allow the operation and required me to turn the option on the allow "less secure apps" to access google. Do you have any advice for this? Is there a way to put an exception for one single app into google so I can turn that option back to off?

AndiCar Support

未读,
2016年7月7日 14:28:302016/7/7
收件人 and...@googlegroups.com

You can use the application password policy. For this you must turn on 2-step authentication for your Google account and you will can generate a password for use it for AndiCar.

On Jul 7, 2016 21:14, <bc18...@gmail.com> wrote:
This solution worked great! I will note that initially google refused to allow the operation and required me to turn the option on the allow "less secure apps"  to access google. Do you have any advice for this?  Is there a way to put an exception for one single app into google so I can turn that option back to off?

bc18...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年7月7日 14:41:392016/7/7
收件人 AndiCar - free car manager
"It is possible that companies will start to update their applications and services to support Oauth 2.0 so that users don’t have to make a decision in this regard anymore"

Is thus being worked on? Will it come in a later patch to the program? Again its an excellent program and I really appreciate it. You should add a donate button because I'd be happy to support this service.

Miklós Keresztes

未读,
2016年7月9日 03:38:382016/7/9
收件人 and...@googlegroups.com

I work on a new version of the application and I will rewrite the authentication mechanism in order to use the phone's account.

If you like the application, please rate/comment it on Play Store.

Thanks.

On Jul 7, 2016 21:41, <bc18...@gmail.com> wrote:
"It is possible that companies will start to update their applications and services to support Oauth 2.0 so that users don’t have to make a decision in this regard anymore"

Is thus being worked on? Will it come in a later patch to the program?  Again its an excellent program and I really appreciate it.  You should add a donate button because I'd be happy to support this service.

bc18...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年7月11日 22:43:512016/7/11
收件人 AndiCar - free car manager
Already done 5/5 stars. Keep up the great work!

Miklós Keresztes

未读,
2016年7月18日 13:26:022016/7/18
收件人 and...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bradley,

Unfortunately, your rating is only 4/5 :-(

Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 5:43 AM, <bc18...@gmail.com> wrote:
Already done 5/5 stars.  Keep up the great work!

bc18...@gmail.com

未读,
2016年9月7日 19:39:082016/9/7
收件人 AndiCar - free car manager