Backup from apk?

jer...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2012, 7:15:35 PM10/10/12
to and...@googlegroups.com
I had to hard reset my phone last night. I don't have an Andicar generated backup. I have a recent andicar.apk generated by MyBackupPro.
For some reason, MyBackup Pro had issues re-installing the app and I've downloaded & installed it again from your website.
Can I pull my data from that apk & restore to my re-installed Andicar?
Thanks!

BTW - Great app - replaced my old Palm Pilot Trip program when I went Android a few years back.

AndiCar Support

Oct 11, 2012, 2:02:23 AM10/11/12
to and...@googlegroups.com
The AndiCar database file is located on /data/data/org.andicar.activity/databases/AndiCar.db
If you can extract this file from the MyBackupPro backup file you can copy it to the new device's /sdcard/andicar/backups folder and you will can restore it using AndiCar Backup and restore option.

Best wishes,
    Miklos Keresztes
    www.andicar.org