AndiCar on Blackberry OS

TomG

Nov 23, 2011, 12:44:11 PM11/23/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Just wondering if you have any plans to repackage your app for
Blackberry OS? I recently purchased a 64Gb Playbook and would really
like to have your app running native on the tablet.

Another solution, in the up and coming OS 2.0 release from Blackberry
this will included an Android runtime player which will allow BB
tablet users to run their Android apps. There is a beta developers
release (OS 2.0) currently available for download, I'm planning on
pulling this down and trying out my favorite Android apps to see how
things work.

More details can be found here;
https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/
http://us.blackberry.com/developers/

Cheers,
-tg

AndiCar Support

Nov 23, 2011, 2:26:10 PM11/23/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Hi TomG,

I just verified the AndiCar compatibility with the BlackBerry Runtime
for Android and the result is negative. Some libraries and packages
used by AndiCar are not supported by BB. Additionally, the size of the
icons is too small (in BB the icon size must be 86x86 according to the
compatibility test).

In conclusion I suggest you to wait for the release of PlayBook OS 2.0
(or update to 2.0 Beta).

Best wishes,
Miklos Keresztes