Phone died - anyway to recover data

Peter Blair

Dec 21, 2011, 7:58:06 AM12/21/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Hi all,

My Android phone decided that enough was enough the other night and
refused to work. I was able to get a complete copy of the memory card
and then upgrade the phone firmware. The upgrade wiped out the phone
memory but I am kind of hoping that there will be some salvagable data
on the memory card. I had not carried out any Andicar backups
recently as the phone dying sneaked up on me without warning.

Is there anything I can do to recover best part of a years data?

Thanks,
Pete

AndiCar Support

Dec 21, 2011, 8:18:56 AM12/21/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Hi,

I'm sorry but is impossible to recover any data from your phone
internal storage after the wipe operation if you don't have any backup
(or even some generated reports) on an external location.
Note: The "backup service" and the "secure backup" addons are created
exactly for this kind of situations. By using this services your data
will be available even if your phone is stolen or lost.

Peter Blair

Dec 21, 2011, 8:44:42 AM12/21/11
to AndiCar - free car manager
Thanks,

thought this was the case but was worth asking. Keep up the good work
on a great app.

Thanks,
Pete

pachneri...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2016, 9:38:31 AM1/24/16
to AndiCar - free car manager
I had purchased the backup add-on, and it appeared to be working properly.  My droid phone crashed and lost all data.  I am unable to figure out how to restore from the backups created with the add-on.

miki

Jan 25, 2016, 2:38:07 PM1/25/16
to AndiCar - free car manager, pachneri...@gmail.com
If you lost ALL your phone data, including the external storage data, and you have not used the secure backup functionality (which automatically send the database backup to a configured email address) there are no chance to restore a backup because you don't have any backup file.

You can check your external storage data using a file manager. Navigate to the <external storage>/andicar/backups folder and check if any backup file is present.

Bellow are the steps for your help. I use AndExplorer (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lysesoft.andexplorer) as a file manager:
  1. Open AndExplorer and push the Home button (see 1.png, 2.png attached)
  2. navigate to andicar/backups and check if any backup file exist (see 3.png)
If you see here your backup files you can restore one using the backup/restore screen of AndiCar (Preferences -> Backup Restore).
1.png
2.png
3.png