administrative law

uif...@mscc.huji.ac.il

Jun 1, 2014, 1:31:01 AM6/1/14
to AncientLawForum
Dear List Member,

There is a huge corpus of documentary evidence dealing with
administrative law, i.e. the law dealing with the restriction on and
procedure by which officials should conduct in office. This theme is
so common, that you could hardly find any general edict, or Ptolemaic
prostagma, that does not deal with it. The edict of Tiberius Julius
Alexander is of course an outstanding example, and so is the late
Ptolemaic P.Tebt. I 5 (118 BCE).

At the same time, I can not think of any monograph focusing on this
subject, apart from the chapters, in themselves valuable, in
discussions of individual magistrates, liturgies etc.

If you have any information on, or conduct yourselves, a study of this
important phenomenon please let me know, and we may cooperate.

Best, UY

F. Rachel Magdalene

Jun 1, 2014, 11:02:10 AM6/1/14
to ancient...@googlegroups.com, Cornelia Wunsch, Bruce Wells
Dear Uri and Members,

Bruce Wells, Cornelia Wunsch, and I are working on a monograph on administrative law in the Neo-Babylonian period. It is very close to finished. Its citation is:

F. R. Magdalene, B. Wells, and C. Wunsch, Fault, Responsibility, and Administrative Law in Late Babylonian Legal Texts (AOAT ___, Münster: Ugarit-Verlag, forthcoming 2015).

Best wishes,

Rachel Magdalene

F. Rachel Magdalene, M.A.R., M.Div., J.D., Ph.D.
Gastforscherin (Visiting Research Scholar); Institüt für Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft, Universität Leipzig, Leipzig
Fully Affiliated Faculty of Bible, United Theological Seminary, Dayton, OH
Adjunct Faculty of Hebrew Scriptures, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
Course of Study Faculty, Hebrew Bible, Methodist Theological School of Ohio, Delaware, OH
Hebrew Instructor, Temple Israel, Dayton, OH
Consulting Editor, ISLET-Verlag, Dresden, Germany
Education Consultant, WaterShed Education Systems, Hudson, MA

American Mailing Address:
1 Oakwood Ave., #955
Dayton, OH 45409
USA
Telephone: 937-294-6224
Mobile: 937-999-7419

German Mailing Address:
ISLET-Verlag
Kreischaer Str. 16
Hirschbach
DE 01768 Glashütte
GERMANY
Telephone: 0-3504-620700
Handy/Mobile: 0-151-166-20516
Telephone from USA: 0049-3504-620700 (6 hours ahead of U.S. EST)