Biopore

Daril Atkins

Sep 22, 2009, 9:42:02 AM9/22/09
to Anaplastology
Does anyone know about 'Biopore' surgical implants for facial
reconstruction? I mean in terms of clinical based evidence.

Daril Atkins

Kuldeep Raizada, Ocularist

Sep 23, 2009, 5:22:01 AM9/23/09
to anapla...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daril: We were one of the group who has started this Implant study in early 2005, with this group we have done a study  did multicenter clinical trial and see the long term relations and clinically it comes out to be a bad implant 75-80% of the implant has been extruded and now a days it is almost close in india, very rarely any one encouraging
regards
Kuldeep
Kuldeep Raizada, Ph D,Clinical Ocularist & Anaplastologist
Department of Ocular and Orbital Prosthesis
LV Prasad Eye Institute,
Hyderabad, INDIA.
E-mail: ocul...@gmail.com
Mobile: (91)-984 919-3447
Office: (91)-40-3061-2332
Fax:(91)-40-2354-8271
Web:www.lvpei.org

Daril Atkins

Sep 25, 2009, 4:51:35 AM9/25/09
to Anaplastology
Thanks Kuldeep.
Do you know of anyone elsewhere who has also tried 'Biopore'

On Sep 23, 1:22 pm, "Kuldeep Raizada, Ocularist" <ocular...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear Daril: We were one of the group who has started this Implant study in
> early 2005, with this group we have done a study  did multicenter clinical
> trial and see the long term relations and clinically it comes out to be a
> bad implant 75-80% of the implant has been extruded and now a days it is
> almost close in india, very rarely any one encouraging
> regards
> Kuldeep
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Daril Atkins <darilatkin...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Does anyone know about 'Biopore' surgical implants for facial
> > reconstruction? I mean in terms of clinical based evidence.
>
> > Daril Atkins
>
> --
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----------
> Kuldeep Raizada, Ph D,Clinical Ocularist & Anaplastologist
> Department of Ocular and Orbital Prosthesis
> LV Prasad Eye Institute,
> Hyderabad, INDIA.
> E-mail: ocular...@gmail.com
> Mobile: (91)-984 919-3447
> Office: (91)-40-3061-2332
> Fax:(91)-40-2354-8271
> Web:www.lvpei.org
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------

Daril Atkins

Oct 1, 2009, 11:14:46 PM10/1/09
to Anaplastology
Hello Kuldeep, once again, I was wondering if you or the OculoPlastic
surgeons have published a paper on your findings. Secondly I presume
that your comments pertain to orbital implants, and quite possibly
pertain to problems after the pegging stage. The Medpor implants are
made of the same linear hdpe material, so would you be saying that
linear hdpe implants can create problems post-op? If not, then could
it be surgical procedure or the integrity of the implant itself?

Daril Atkins

Kuldeep Raizada, Ocularist

Oct 2, 2009, 12:18:09 AM10/2/09
to anapla...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daril: These implants and Medpore as the basic material is same but how ever some thing wrong with this particular implant as most of these BIOPORE implant have an issue even with out pegging they prone to extrude from 2 weeks to one year time duration.
we are putting medpor since 2000, we haa a few case that extrude, but we could able to manage well with small surgery, but these implants are tough to manage as the raw surface  of necrotizing tissue does not allow us to work furrther
if you look at the extrusion rate with Medpor compare to HA implant, HA implant have higher extrusion than Medpor
i would say that  basic structure of the implant Chemistry is now as good as medpor, even having the same material as company complaints, Porous Polyethethelene.