Neuroscience source separation 2b: Spatial separation in MATLAB

Munaza Ramzan

Nov 7, 2020, 1:08:10 AM11/7/20
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mike,

Hi Mike, Thank you for uploading the Neuroscience source separation lectures. I have applied the code over my dataset with 32 channels and the result is attached below. I am not able to interpret them correctly. Can you please check the same and give me some insights?.

--
Thanks & Regards
Munaza Ramzan

Mike X Cohen

Nov 8, 2020, 5:42:06 AM11/8/20
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
Hi Munaza. I've retired this list, so in the future please post your questions to discuss.sincxpress.com.

The covariance matrices look OK, but the eigenvalues are all 1, which is the null hypothesis value. That means that your two covariance matrices are basically the same as each other. The time series data don't look like typical EEG data. To be honest, the time series look like noise. You might want to have a closer look at the data to see if something went wrong somewhere. Or try creating S and R from data features you expect to be more different from each other.

Mike

Mike X Cohen, PhD
Fresh look: mikexcohen.com

Munaza Ramzan

Nov 8, 2020, 7:04:53 AM11/8/20
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mike for clearing my doubt.

 I will email in future on the same email I'd which you have mentioned.