Granger Causality

Debanjan Borthakur

Jul 15, 2019, 12:28:24 AM7/15/19
to AnalyzingNeuralTimeSeriesData
Hi, if the data is stationary, is it recommended to use a sliding window for the calculation of Granger causality? The MVGC toolbox does not use a sliding window. Only in the non-stationary script (https://users.sussex.ac.uk/~lionelb/MVGC/html/mvgc_demo_nonstationary.html) they used windowing. So If I have a trial length of 180 seconds, do you recommend windowing or should I consider the whole trial length for the Granger Causality analysis? This is a motion capture data.

Thanks,
Debanjan

Mike X Cohen

Jul 15, 2019, 9:36:20 PM7/15/19
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
180 seconds is quite long. I would estimate the autoregressive models in, e.g., 2-second windows, and then average the results across the windows.

Mike

Mike X Cohen, PhD
Fresh look: mikexcohen.com

Debanjan Borthakur