Resampling from 2048Hz to 1000Hz

Priya Balasubramanian

Sep 19, 2019, 6:22:32 PM9/19/19
to AnalyzingNeuralTimeSeriesData
Hi,

I have a time series data that I would like to resample from 2048Hz to 1000Hz. I know it is possible to downsample to 1024 but how to resample to 1000Hz?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my question.

with regards,
Priya

Mike X Cohen

Sep 20, 2019, 8:37:27 AM9/20/19
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priya. You can resample from anything to anything. If it's not an integer resampling (e.g., 2048 -> 1024), then there will be some interpolation involved and it will take a bit longer to process. But because all the important dynamics in the M/EEG signal are below 100 Hz, you don't have to worry about reduced accuracy.

Mike

Mike X Cohen, PhD
Fresh look: mikexcohen.com