Interpretation of wITPCz

kc

Sep 4, 2019, 4:46:55 PM9/4/19
to AnalyzingNeuralTimeSeriesData
Hi Mike,

Thanks in advance as always for your guidance!

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to interpret a negative wITPCz value (e.g. in Figure 19.12). To interpret in zscore terms, a negative value would mean that the relationship between phase and weighting variable is *smaller* than a null hypothesis of no relationship between phase and weighting variable?  Would this be similar to a negative correlation where it means a relationship in the opposite direction (e.g. higher weighting variable associated with less phase clustering?)

Thank you,
KC

Mike X Cohen

Sep 5, 2019, 4:28:05 AM9/5/19
to analyzingneura...@googlegroups.com
Hi KC. I'm not sure, and I don't think the negative numbers have a real interpretation. They could arise from a non-uniform phase angle distribution, which we discussed in this paper

Mike

Mike X Cohen, PhD
Fresh look: mikexcohen.com