analog box on mac works now

leonvn

Jun 3, 2011, 11:08:11 AM6/3/11
to Analog Box
I want to share my experience that I can run Analog Box version 2.41
now on my MacBook Pro under Parallels, seemingly without any problems.

I have tried it some years ago on an older MacBook Pro and an older
Analog Box. That was a disaster.

Leon

this is my Mac:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B04
SMC Version (system): 1.68f96
Serial Number (system): C02FCLQ0DH2H
Hardware UUID: 1D2C6F6A-722E-5A8E-BE65-B74362EBB4EC
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Andy Turner

Jun 3, 2011, 4:52:35 PM6/3/11
to Analog Box
Wow! That's good news. Thanks for posting this Leon!

I wonder if having an Intel CPU is relevant.
Has anybody else had success running ABox on a newer Mac?

--Andy

Leon van Noorden

Jun 2, 2013, 1:56:56 PM6/2/13
to analo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaro,

As you can see from my previous message, it runs under Parallels.
This is a commercial programme that enables you to run Windows programmes on your Mac.
You also need the Windows operating system.
Another way to run windows software on your Mac is under Bootcamp. I do not have experience with that.
You can find information on Parallels and Bootcamp easily on the internet.
Your Mac is exactly the same as mine, except the BootRom version is a tiny bit different.

I haven't used Analog box for a while now, although I like it very much. Very much like working in hardware,
which aI did a long time ago.

I have switched to Chuck, because I wanted to try programmed code instead of visual programming.
I like very much the extreme precise timing in Chuck.

Chuck has a Mac version so you do not to install Parallels and windows on your system.
Takes a lot of space on your hard disk.

I hope you succeed with your experiments.

Kind regards,
Leon

On 02 Jun 2013, at 13:18, Jaroslav Liska <jarol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Leon,

Please can you explain me how did you install Analog Box on Mac ? Do you have a special Mac file for it ?

Thank you,

Jaro

Future Image

Apr 10, 2016, 9:50:10 AM4/10/16
to Analog Box
I've had Analog Box 2.42 running via WineBottler on both Snow Leopard and Mavericks for a while now. Hugely hugely useful for obvious reasons, AND to run Windows dll VSTs on a Mac!