music box???

John Paul Burtell

Feb 8, 2016, 1:35:16 PM2/8/16
to Analog Box
This one was just another fun experiment for me. As always, I'm sure I did nothing appropriately, as in, I did not follow any sort of "proper" physical modelling. Anyway, this circuit attempts to simulate the wind-up, drum noise and tines (sic) of a music box. It runs for about two minutes and then winds down. I just went with what sounded good to my ear, trying to simulate as many idiosyncrasies as possible such as the occasional squeaking of the tines and the springy noise they have. Feel free to use/abuse any part of this circuit as you wish. Hope you enjoy!

To start the process, just click the button below the word "trigger".

Thanks!
music_box.ABox2

John Paul Burtell

Feb 8, 2016, 2:11:05 PM2/8/16
to analo...@googlegroups.com
P.S. This is best experienced via headphones. :)

Keith Blackwell

Feb 9, 2016, 11:30:27 AM2/9/16
to analo...@googlegroups.com
On 2/8/2016 11:35 AM, John Paul Burtell wrote:
This one was just another fun experiment for me.

Nicely done!

--
Keith

Steve

Feb 9, 2016, 6:46:15 PM2/9/16
to analo...@googlegroups.com
On 2/8/2016 11:35 AM, John Paul Burtell wrote:
Nice! The windup is fantastic!

John Paul Burtell

Feb 9, 2016, 9:28:00 PM2/9/16
to analo...@googlegroups.com