How do I play a song using Analog Box?

desbest

Nov 20, 2022, 12:39:28 PM11/20/22
to Analog Box
How do I play a song using Analog Box?
I can't get it to work.
You can see my circuit arrangement here.

analog box help 1.png

Rune Lund

Nov 20, 2022, 1:00:47 PM11/20/22
to analo...@googlegroups.com
Connect a button to both s and n inputs. In the buttons right click menu set it to on/off. In the file objects right click menu set s to seek continuously on positive edge (diamond with dark bottom) and n to move continuously on negative edge (diamond with light bottom). Now press play in the windows top bar and press the butto  to play the song; press it again to stop a d rewind. You are welcome :)

desbest

Feb 16, 2023, 4:56:25 AM2/16/23
to Analog Box
Hello I've tried those instructions and it didn't work.
Did I miss anything out?

abox need help.png

Robert Jarvis

Feb 16, 2023, 6:34:54 AM2/16/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
This works for me.
(Click on the empty space, and then press SpaceBar).
Hope this helps.
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/analog-box/03c836ad-2a7d-41f2-8f3d-e86ca39d11can%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

email to analog-box+...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/analog-box/77eafe27-74b6-4d8e-a22b-13d07de2a491n%40googlegroups.com.

> MIME Type: image/png

Player1.ABox2

Jim Barchuk

Feb 16, 2023, 12:51:52 PM2/16/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
Add meters at points to make sure signals are showing up where you expect them..

Keith Blackwell

Feb 21, 2023, 7:57:29 AM2/21/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
On 2/16/2023 10:51 AM, Jim Barchuk wrote:
Add meters at points to make sure signals are showing up where you expect them..

There have been times when the WAV output module on my system was not functioning, but resetting it to a different available device (and back if necessary) cleared the problem.  I this was more likely when I had done something unusual to get it messed up, though.  I have also sometimes encountered problems when the file selected was not capable of being handled by ABox2, such as when it had a bit-depth greater than 16, or a sample rate greater than 44,100.  I've used the File module in Media Reader mode many times to supply a familiar signal to some processing chain in ABox2, so I know it can work, but I usually use different controls, more like this (which I just now threw together and took this screen shot while it was playing):