can i save the Abox sounds on computer as .wav file on computer?

Saptarshee Clinics

Apr 11, 2023, 1:53:11 PM4/11/23
to Analog Box
hi guys, i am new to Abox software, its a great tool.
i want to play certain frequencies through A box and want to save it on computer as pure frequency sound file without any other system/computer sounds ( my laptop creates some mild bu weird sound i guess from its fan, it an old laptop)
if this feature is not available in Abox, can it be done using any other software?

can anyone please help?

With Love and Gratitude
Dr Kedar Ghatnekar

Keith Blackwell

Apr 19, 2023, 2:45:34 AM4/19/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
On 4/11/2023 11:52 AM, Saptarshee Clinics wrote:
if this feature is not available in Abox, can it be done using any other software?

can anyone please help?

It is available in Abox, just not as convenient as you might want.
You just have to use a FILE block, and set it to Wave Writer (and give it the path you want to write to).
For example:

I attached this as an abox file, but it still has the sound-generating junk I put in there to test it, and this 17-year-old XPmce laptop has a busted speaker, so I really have no idea what this sounds like.

Hope that helps.
--
Keith W. Blackwell

abox2_output.wav

Keith Blackwell

Apr 19, 2023, 2:55:16 AM4/19/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
I wrote:
> I attached this as an abox file,

No, DUH!  I attached the sample output file.  Sorry about that.  I feel really stupid.
This time, the abox file...

fileoutput.ABox2

Keith W Blackwell

Apr 19, 2023, 4:04:20 PM4/19/23
to Analog Box
Now that I can hear it -- I guess it didn't sound all that bad, once you move the initial "attack" point over by a pixel or two on each of the envelopes, to eliminate the harsh impulses.  (hehe)
--
Keith

JP Burtell

Apr 19, 2023, 4:09:33 PM4/19/23
to analo...@googlegroups.com
If you want even finer control over the attack, you could leave the attack point all the way to left and place a LP filter after the ADSR object. Play with the frequency values to get just the right amount of onset.

Keith W Blackwell

Apr 19, 2023, 4:18:31 PM4/19/23
to Analog Box
Yep.  I did have a DAMP 9 on the background percussion.

But by the way, I think it's worth mentioning in case anyone never noticed: there are two different states for that initial "attack" point in an envelope when it is against the left side -- with the circle point all the way to the left, and with it just one pixel away from all the way to the left -- but both of them have the line (from the starting lower left corner up to that attack circle) simply being a vertical line.  So the line going up looks the same between the two, but there is definitely a difference.  I don't know if that's mentioned anywhere in the tutorials or not, but it's something to be aware of.
--
Keith

Saptarshee Clinics

Apr 21, 2023, 1:27:59 PM4/21/23
to Analog Box
Hi Keith
thank you for reply, but i did not understand how to save an audio out of it,
can i send a file that i want to save as audio in Abox, it is a frequency combination so its weird sound and not a soothing music.
i want to save the frequecy combination fired from file below when i hit PLAY. ( WITHOUT ANY SYSTEM SOUNDS OR SOUNDS FOR LAPTOP FAN)
sorry if its stupid question.
can you please help?
if possible a screen recording?

with love and gratitude
Dr Kedar
26-Inflammation.abox2

Keith W Blackwell

Apr 22, 2023, 1:47:45 PM4/22/23
to Analog Box
You merely need add a File block, connect its L and R inputs to the pan block's outputs in parallel with your sound output, right click it to edit and set it to Wave Writer and click on the file path box to set the path to wherever you want the *.wav file to be, and then perhaps set the A input of the block to come from your volume control that feeds the sound output, and finally set the "W" trigger to be writing whenever the input is positive (since, if you don't connect that pin, it is 0, which is considered positive and false, so it will be writing to the file whenever the circuit is playing).  If you only run it once, for as long as you want, the file will contain the same info that was sent to your speakers.

Or copy over the output section that I provided in the earlier attachment and paste it in to your circuit to replace the sound output block, feeding it from your panner output, and then you have more control over fade-in and fade-out and erasure (don't forget to set the path for the output file, first).

--
Keith
26-Inflammation_wFileWriter.ABox2

Keith W Blackwell

Apr 22, 2023, 1:58:53 PM4/22/23
to Analog Box
Please download the zip containing all the help pages for ABox2, extract it somewhere handy, and read ABox2Help/help/129_file.html

Keith W Blackwell

Apr 22, 2023, 2:00:02 PM4/22/23
to Analog Box
You can also find it online here:  http://www.lightfield.com/abox2help/help/129_file.html