Open Call: Frame Curatorial Research Fellowship 2023–2024

Chaitanya Sambrani

Jul 5, 2023, 10:53:24 PMJul 5
to Australasian Network for Asian Art

Open Call: Frame Curatorial Research Fellowship 2023–2024

Frame is seeking candidates for two fellowships in 2023–2024; the Curating with Pasts fellowship hosted by the Queens Museum in New York City and Soils, organised with Van Abbemuseum in Eindhoven. The programme offers a stipend of 12 000 EUR for four months of working time. The deadline for applications is Sunday, August 13, 2023.

Frame Contemporary Art Finland is pleased to announce the second open call for Frame Curatorial Research Fellowship, a five-year programme between 2020–2024 for contemporary art curators. The programme explores new forms of research that renew curatorial and institutional working habits.

The second round of two fellowships is organised in collaboration with the Queens Museum in New York and Van Abbemuseum in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. We are seeking two candidates for 2023–2024 who are keen to develop the critical potential of curatorial research and rethink the purpose and value of research within institutions and society at large.

The Frame Curatorial Research Fellowships offer support for developing new curatorial research practices and cultivating active practices embedded in an organisational context. It explores what kind of curatorial research is needed in order to imagine new ways of presenting and mediating contemporary art and cultural production in forms inseparable from daily life, politics and the policies of artists and institutions.

Dr Chaitanya Sambrani (he/him)

Associate Professor (Reader), Centre for Art History and Art Theory

Convenor, Higher Degrees by Research

School of Art and Design

The Australian National University

Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

e: Chaitanya...@anu.edu.au

Zoom Personal Meeting ID: 958 868 1635 passcode 147021

ANU Researcher Profile: https://researchers.anu.edu.au/researchers/sambrani-cv

I acknowledge and celebrate the First Australians on whose traditional lands we meet and work, and whose cultures are among the oldest continuing cultures in human history.