Fwd: [PoNJA] Tenure-track position in Global Contemporary, Fordham University

Olivier Krischer

Jul 19, 2022, 11:04:27 PM7/19/22
to an...@googlegroups.com

Call for Applications – Assistant Professor of Global Contemporary Art History

Fordham University, New York

Deadline: September 9, 2022

The department of Art History and Music at Fordham University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the field of global contemporary art history, to begin in Fall 2023. We welcome candidates who examine contemporary art since 1945 from a global and transnational perspective and understand the effects of globalization, migration, and racism on contemporary artistic practices. We anticipate that our new colleague will further strengthen course offerings on non-Western art in our department and developelements of our curriculum focused on curatorial studies, a key area of students’ interest. Commitment to anti-racist pedagogy, diversity, equity, and inclusion in a classroom setting is required.

The successful candidate will teach introductory art history survey courses as well as upper-level electives, primarily at our Lincoln Center campus. She/he/they will be strongly encouraged to work closely with other departments and programs such as American Studies, African and African American Studies, the Latin American and Latino Studies Institute, and Middle East Studies at Fordham, and to take advantage of access to cultural institutions located in New York City. Candidates should hold aPhD in art history by June 1, 2023have a dynamic research agenda, and be able to demonstrateffectiveness as a classroom teacher.

Cultural and intellectual pluralism are essential to the excellence of our program. We strive to foster and contribute to an academic culture and campus community that attract and support the development of stellar and diverse faculty, reflecting the global environment in which we live and work. As such, we are especially interested in candidates whose specialties could lead to collaborations with faculty within the department and across the university, and with organizations in the larger metropolitan area.

Fordham is an independent, Catholic University in the Jesuit tradition, committed to excellence through diversity. Fordham is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.

Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae (with references listed)and a writing sample to Interfolio(http://apply.interfolio.com/110003). Please also arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent directly via Interfolio. The application is considered complete only when all threerecommendation letters have been received. Application deadline: Friday, September 9, 2022.

If you have questions about the application process, please contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Nina Rowe (nr...@fordham.edu).