Reminder (10 days to go!) - 2022 Postgraduate Workshop: Asian Art Research Now

Caitlin Hughes

Nov 7, 2022, 7:16:36 PM11/7/22
to Australasian Network for Asian Art
Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder that this year's annual Postgraduate Workshop, Asian Art Research Now, will be an all-day event, and is coming up in 10 days (next Friday).

We would like to invite you all to participate in the workshop, and to circulate these details to anyone in your network who may be interested in attending.

It will be held via Zoom on Friday the 18th of November, and will run from 9am to 5:10pm AEDT

The day will begin with a Keynote Panel from 9am to 10:10am, featuring three invited guests who will each deliver presentations on the topic of Studying Asian Art in Australia in 2022: Dr James Nguyen (Artist and recipient of the 2021 AAANZ Research in Focus award), Dr Minerva Inwald (Judith Neilson Postdoctoral Fellow in Contemporary Art, UNSW), and Dr Elly Kent (Editor, New Mandala, and Deputy Director, ANU Indonesia Institute).

Following this session, there will be four thematic sessions for graduate researchers to present their research. These sessions aim to be an informal and collegial space for insightful discussions. They are: organised under the following themes:
  • Art and History in Northeast Asia: (re)Viewing the past
  • Art Practice: Mobility, knowledge, conversation
  • (re)Mapping Southeast Asia: Topographies, temporalities and translations
  • Media and method: Interdisciplinary approaches to contemporary Asian art
Even if you are not able to attend the day's events in full, we encourage you to join us for the sessions that are of most interest to you, and especially for the keynote panel.

The keynote panel will be of particular interest to those interested in studying or currently studying a PhD, as the speakers will be able to give valuable insights into pathways after the PhD.

All the relevant information for the day - including the Zoom link, panel times, abstracts and bios - can be found at the following link: https://www.an4aa.org/rhd-2022

We look forward to seeing you on the day!

With thanks,
Caitlin Hughes and Soo-Min Shim