Marege Mangatharra: Zoom discussion

Caitlin Hughes

Jul 6, 2022, 7:32:57 PM7/6/22
to Australasian Network for Asian Art
Good morning everyone,

I'm sharing a link to a Zoom discussion happening next week, hosted by Bronwyn Robbins, the Australian Consul-General in Makassar. It is a fantastic lineup of speakers, and an event I'm sure many of you would be interested in attending!
See below for more details and the link to register.

Best wishes,
Caitlin

Join the Australian Consulate General in Makassar for our #NAIDOCWeek2022 event to learn about the family connection between the Marege (Yolngu Northern Territory) and Mangatharra (Makassar) people.

On Wednesday 13 July (14.00 WITA - note: 4PM AEST!), we will explore this ongoing connection through shared everyday objects and storytelling by hosting a discussion between:

Abdi Karya, Indonesian director, performer, performance artist and cultural manager and co-curator of the Yolngu/Macassan Project in 'The 10th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art'
Arian Pearson, Director of the Mulka Recording Studio and Chairman of Lirrwi Yolngu Aboriginal Tourism
Rama Thaharani, Independent Arts and Cultural Producer for International Collaboration and Arts Exchange
Will Stubbs, Coordinator of the Buku-Larrngay Mulka Centre

To register, follow this link: us02web.zoom.us/j/86822438353
Message has been deleted