Launch of David Clarke's Photographic Archive - Hong Kong in Transition: 1995-2020

Sophie McIntyre

Mar 27, 2022, 3:36:27 AM3/27/22
to Australasian Network for Asian Art
Dear Colleagues,

I'm forwarding some new sent to me by Hong Kong based scholar, David Clarke who many of us know.

David's just launched an open access photographic archive of images (40,000 plus) taken in Hong Kong from 1995 - 2020. The website is hosted by the Art History Department at the University of Hong Kong. Some of you may be interested in this archive for teaching and/or research (the images are free to download for not-for-profit purposes).

About the website, David says:

"Each image has a caption and associated keywords, and some also have descriptive text associated with them. Although the website does have an interface that can accommodate viewing on mobile devices, it is best viewed on a larger computer screen. It can be searched by date or by keyword (or by a combination of both), but one can also use a ‘lucky dip’ function if one is not after something in particular. More information about using the archive (and about my intentions in setting it up, etc) can be found by clicking on the ‘About’ tab, and looking inside the ‘project introduction’ and ‘more information’ pages which can be found there. Users in educational settings and researchers interested in Hong Kong are particularly encouraged, but I hope the general public will also find it of some interest too."

Project’s title and location: Hong Kong in Transition: 1995-2020

https://arthistory.hku.hk/HKinTransition/

Cheers

Sophie

Chaitanya Sambrani

Mar 27, 2022, 6:13:19 PM3/27/22
to an...@googlegroups.com

Wow, what a resource. Thank you, Sophie!

P.S. hope you’re totally mended now; heard you had a brush with the lurgy.

CS

--
The Australasian Network for Asian Art is a forum dedicated to the study of Asian art.
To post to the list, email an...@googlegroups.com