Amsterdam.rb Reboot

Dax Huiberts

Jun 14, 2012, 9:13:21 AM6/14/12
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

Next Tuesday (June 19th), as many of you are already aware of, we will host the "Amsterdam.rb Reboot" user group meeting at the 80beans office (Vijzelstraat 72). It starts at 19:00 and will hopefully be the first in a long line of regular events.

Josh Kalderimis will introduce the current team running Ams.rb, what we have planned for the near future and how you can contribute. We have several lightning talks lined up, one of which by Mike Burns from Thoughtbot, titled "How to contribute to an open source Ruby project."

Of course there's plenty of time for socializing and 80beans will be providing us with drinks and snacks. Visit http://amsrb.org/ for any information about this and future events. Click the  "sign up at meetup" button to register. We can handle about 80 people, so make sure to sign up now if you don't want to miss out (about 20 seats left)!

Regards, Dax.

Dax Huiberts

Jun 20, 2012, 3:20:22 PM6/20/12
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I would like to thank everybody who attented the Amsterdam.rb Reboot at the 80beans office yesterday.
It was an amazing experience to see so many people present again.

I have uploaded my slides on 'Working with Unix processes' to http://bit.ly/KzrpTK for anyone interested in going over it one more time.
I highly recommend reading the ebook with the same title [http://workingwithunixprocesses.com/] by Jesse Storimer to learn more about Unix processes in an easy to digest and very informative format.

As already announced yesterday, the next meetup will be on the 3rd tuesday of the month, which is july 17th. The location is still to be announced. Visit http://amsrb.org or follow @amsrb on Twitter to stay updated with further details.

Regards, Dax.

Michiel Kalkman

Jun 20, 2012, 5:54:51 PM6/20/12
to amster...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dax,

I very much enjoyed your presentation because it had a focus on a very
specific Ruby (or-other-language) + OS interaction demonstrated using
Ruby.

I really enjoy seeing how our assumptions inside a language/runtime
can break and how people go about solving them. Specific cases + code
are always a plus.

I look forward to seeing you all next month,

Michiel.