Tolq still looking for group!

Timon Vonk

Nov 20, 2012, 5:52:11 AM11/20/12
to amster...@googlegroups.com, utrecht...@meetup.com, denha...@googlegroups.com, rotter...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys 'n galls,

Yeah, I know I spam this now and then. But really, I love you all.

Tolq is an end-to-end (website) translation application that makes it possible to translate your page professionally by just adding in a snippet.

We're currently looking for tech savvy developers to join our three big team. Do you feel smothered with love whenever you work with machine learning? Think linguistics are pretty cool? Not scared by math? Tolq uses natural language processing to get meaningful and useful content for translators. We have potato sweet (a bit chunky, but doable) algorithms in place to get the best translators up for the job. Distributed architecture, loads of backend and plenty of challenge.

A bit on Tolq itself; we're an informal, well funded startup. We work minimalistic agile and love doing so. We love beautiful code and enjoy working with a CI server and code reviews.

The tech rundown:

* Machine learning (mainly NLP)

* Lots of mathy algorithms

* Distributed architecture

* Zero to none legacy code

* Stuff related to linguistics

* Little rails, lots of ruby

Although we're mainly looking for experienced backend developers and a frontender, we're also willing to take juniors on.

Must haves:

* Programming skills

* Communication skills

* Experience with Ruby

* Experience with Javascript/Coffeescript

* Experience with multiple programming languages besides the previous

* Fancy TTD and SOLID (or whatever you call it)

* A general passion for software development

Nice to haves

* Experience with linguistics / translation studies / machine learning / NLP

* Experience with functional programming languages

* Startup experience

* Active in the open source community

* Sense of humour

p.s. I'll be at the Ams.rb hacknight tonight. See you there!

Cheers,

Timon Vonk

Tolq.com, CTO

--