Tele2 is looking for 2 Junior and 2 Medior Ruby Developers

Rozemarijn Vleugel

Aug 29, 2013, 6:02:05 AM8/29/13
to amster...@googlegroups.com

Ruby Developer

Tele2 continues its quest to become the best Telecom provider in the Netherlands. Therefore we are looking for 200 new colleagues. At this moment we have a few hundred men and women working at Tele2, willing to go that extra mile for our customers to give them the best and most inspiring customer experience. And we need more of those.

Who we are looking for? Not just people that are good at something. At Tele2 we are looking for people that can do more. A brilliant CV is nice, but what we actually need is people that believe, just as we do, that we can make the impossible possible. In short; we are looking for the best of the best.

The best of the best Ruby Developer

The Ruby Developer is a software developer who creates and maintains tooling for the network organisation within Tele2. You report directly to the Manager Core NMS. The Ruby Developer covers the whole software development cycle, from requirements to post implementation and operational support of the applications that the team builds. The team works in an agile manner delivering software in cycles of 2-3 weeks depending on the project.

The Ruby Developer is responsible for:

·         Ensuring that software meets the needs of the customer.

·         Ensuring that the NMS architecture and working practices are adhered to.

·         Ensuring that availability and quality of the systems developed is to a high standard.

·         Communicating clearly and well with our customers.

This is what is most important to us

You leave no code unscripted, you are programmed to program.

The team that awaits you

Network Operations and Engineering (NO&E) is responsible for the design, planning, building and maintenance of Tele2’s network and for all the services we offer customers. Tele2 owns a fiber network that contains 23 POP locations and 320 local interconnections with KPN. NO&E is responsible for quite a few high end services. For our business clients we deliver, among other things, Ethernet VPN for ministries. For the consumer market we have developed a television product with HD, VOD, and “uitzendinggemist”. At this moment NO&E is rolling out a new LTE network for which we are developing new services as well.

This is what you’ll be doing

·         You’ll be doing what every Ruby Developer does, but better.

·         Requirements gathering.

·         Design.

·         Development in an agile manner.

·         Testing.

·         Post implementation support.

·         Operational support (approx. 15% of workload).

This is what we expect you to be

You are a positive challenger, looking for solutions, flexible, driven and full of energy. You have a strong personality, and like to work both independently and in a team. Our open, non-hierarchical and unconventional Tele2 culture attracts you. On top of that you find our dynamic and sometimes hectic work environment appealing.

This is important as well

·         HBO Academic work and thinking level.

·         Fluent in English, Dutch knowledge is an advantage.

·         Able to communicate clearly and well with our customers.

·         Knowledge of:

o   Ruby.

o   Ruby on Rails.

o   MYSQL.

o   MongoDB.

o   Oracle.

o   Webservices / SOAP / XML.

o   Familiarity with Unix / Linux.

·         Software Development experience.

·         Familiarity with Agile Scrum.

·         General understanding of the basics of network infrastructure.

·         Endorse the Tele2 values.

·         Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in telecom or IT sector for the junior position, minimum 3 years of relevant experience in telecom or IT sector for the medior position.

You’ll be working in

Diemen-Zuid (near Amsterdam)

What are you waiting for?

Are you (or will you become) the best of the best? Please send your resume and motivation letter to Douwe van der Leer, recru...@tele2.com and use “the best of the best Ruby Developer” as subject.

Working at the best of the best

Tele2 is, even if we say so ourselves, a great place to work. We are a driven organisation and are still growing. At Tele2 it is possible to develop and execute new initiatives.  Next to the challenge in your work you will also be coached in your personal development. And at Tele2 there are (international) career possibilities. Your colleagues are the best of the best team players, working hard on our joint mission: to become the best of the best Telecom provider in the Netherlands.