The Dining Philosophers code from yesterday meetup

Amsterdam Clojurians

Jul 11, 2013, 1:47:51 AM7/11/13
to The-Amsterdam-Cloju...@meetup.com, Amsterdam Clojurians
Dear Clojurians,

the code produced at yesterday meetup to try and solve the Dining Philosophers problem using core.async can be found on GitHub at:

It's still way far from a working solution, but can be a good starting point to continue the exercise next time. For that to happen, it would be nice to have at least one core.async expert, to guide the group in the right direction when using the core.async APIs.

Any volunteer?

Thanks and hope this helps,
c.

--
Amsterdam Clojurians
The biggest Clojure community in the Netherlands

Pepijn de Vos

Jul 11, 2013, 3:31:21 AM7/11/13
to amsterdam-...@googlegroups.com
I think I have a solution in my head.

I asked in #clojure about the go blocks. They are indeed lexical, local and IMO not super interesting in JVM land for <100 threads.

I can go ahead a fix it, or wait until next meetup and do it together.

Pepijn

--

---

Carlo Sciolla

Jul 11, 2013, 3:34:46 AM7/11/13
to Amsterdam Clojurians

2013/7/11 Pepijn de Vos <pepij...@gmail.com>

I can go ahead a fix it, or wait until next meetup and do it together.

Well, there's no reason why we can't get the profit of both actions with no loss: you could go ahead and try to fix it (possibly on a separate branch), so that you will be able to help out next time and lead the rest of us to understand how to reach the goal :-)

WDYT?
c.

--
Carlo Sciolla