MPSG Works-In-Progress Session -- Paper Download

Michael Gallope

Oct 26, 2019, 8:33:50 PM10/26/19
to ams-music-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

I am very happy to announce the MPSG's first Works-in-Progress Session, which will take place during the MPSG Business Meeting next Friday, November 1, from 12:30–2:00 p.m. in the Carlton Room of the Westin Waterfront Hotel.

Over the course of 90 minutes, we will discuss the following three papers:

Kyle Kaplan (Northwestern University), "Hölderlin and the Dream of Chamber Music"
Giulia Accornero (Harvard University), "The Study of 'No'"
Joseph W. Pfender (New York University), "Music and Posthumanism: A Biopolitical Reading of Proto-Cagean Experimentalism"

We encourage all those who are interested to read the papers in advance and prepare questions and thoughts for the authors. Draft papers are available for download through this DropBox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rkkyks0qlri2x5r/AABs7CWbrWrFTnSKAB7SZLDra?dl=0. Please do not share or circulate these papers.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you have any problems with the link.

And see you all in Boston!

All best wishes,
Mike
--
Michael Gallope
Chair, AMS Music and Philosophy Study Group