CFP: AMS Boston 2019 Works-in-Progress

Michael Gallope

Oct 8, 2019, 9:05:41 PM10/8/19
to ams-music-...@googlegroups.com

Dear MPSGers,

The AMS Music and Philosophy Study Group will hold a low-key, intimate workshop for works-in-progress during its business meeting at the AMS Annual Meeting. The meeting is scheduled for Friday, November 1, from 12:30–2:00 p.m.

We invite submissions of excerpts of writing-in-progress for collective workshopping and discussion within the study group. We especially encourage submissions from graduate students or other early career scholars. Length of the papers should be in the target range of 10-15 pages. If the writing is excerpted, a brief 1-2 sentence description of the larger piece of writing would be helpful at the beginning of the document. Please anonymize the writing sample itself; if we get a large number of submissions we will have to choose only a few for discussion, and we would want to do so anonymously.

Once the submissions have been determined, with permission of the authors, we would circulate the drafts to current MPSG members via the MPSG listserv. At the event, we’re aiming for a positive workshop atmosphere focused on constructive feedback and professional support. We hope the meeting will provide a place to socialize with others who have a common interest in music and philosophy.

Please submit draft writings to mpsg.wor...@gmail.comby October 21st at 11:59 p.m. P.S.T.

Please direct questions to the current MPSG chair, Michael Gallope (mgal...@umn.edu).

All best,

Mike