New Book Announcement: The Creative Labor of Music Patronage in Interwar France

Lena Leson

Feb 28, 2022, 10:34:42 AM2/28/22
to ams-mus...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all—please see this message (and song!) from Louis Epstein about his new book.

Dear Colleagues,

I’m very pleased to announce the release of my book, The Creative Labor of Music Patronage in Interwar France, out from The Boydell Press. But I won't do a whole song and dance about it - just a song

Creative Labor of Music Patronage.jpg

In the book I argue that music patronage was a widespread, diverse, and collaborative process that shaped the sounds and meanings of interwar French music. My argument  builds on the scholarship of many in this group, particularly in the chapter where I explore the intense competition among the entrepreneurial patrons who led the Ballets Russes, Ballets Suédois, Soirées de Paris, and Ballets Ida Rubinstein.

I hope you’ll consider asking your local music/dance library to acquire the book, or perhaps pick up a copy for yourself (but be sure to use the discount code BB135 at checkout).

Many thanks to those of you whose scholarship and collegiality over the years made this book possible!

Best,
Louis

---
Louis Epstein
Associate Professor of Music, St. Olaf College
Associate Editor, Open Access Musicology

--
Lena Leson (she, her, hers)
PhD, Historical Musicology