how to create a new fold type

Roger Mason

May 4, 2010, 12:41:04 PM5/4/10
to amrita...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'd like to create a new fold type to have amrita process ConTeXt
documents. Is there a guide somewhere?
Thanks,
Roger

James Quirk

May 4, 2010, 12:59:13 PM5/4/10
to Roger Mason, amrita...@googlegroups.com
Roger,

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Roger Mason wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create a new fold type to have amrita process ConTeXt
> documents. Is there a guide somewhere?
I do have a bare-bone fold::context, but it's buried on a disk
2,000 miles away. But take a look at the examples:

amrhelp KEYSPACE

and you'll see the gist of how to add a new fold-type.

For a `real world' example, here I'm attaching the
implementation for fold::mxml and fold::as3 which I use for
generating SWF's, see AmritaUtilize.amr . They basically
levarge off fold::print to output templated text and
then they process the text in a preset fashion.

Also note as a stop gap you can do the following:

fold::print {
fold> file=mycontext.tex
fold> print fold::context []
fold::context { do something interesting
fold::context { and so on
}
}
}
fold::perl {
# no process file using texexec
}

James
AmritaUtilize.amr

Roger Mason

May 4, 2010, 2:40:00 PM5/4/10
to James Quirk, amrita...@googlegroups.com
James Quirk <j...@galcit.caltech.edu> writes:

> I do have a bare-bone fold::context, but it's buried on a disk
> 2,000 miles away. But take a look at the examples:
>
> amrhelp KEYSPACE
>
> and you'll see the gist of how to add a new fold-type.

Many thanks.

James Quirk

May 4, 2010, 3:32:55 PM5/4/10
to Roger Mason, amrita...@googlegroups.com
Roger,

You might also want to check out:

$AMRITA/utilize/R/AmritaUtilize.amr

which implements fold::R with which to drive the statistical
package R. Attached is a minimal example script.

James
R_ex