Re: Digest for amrita-ebook@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 2 Topics

Hans Hornung

Feb 29, 2012, 6:19:37 PM2/29/12
to amrita...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James.

Mattei, did you forget to attach the script or am I too dumb to find it?

Hans.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM, <amrita...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/amrita-ebook/topics

    Hans Hornung <hgho...@gmail.com> Feb 27 12:57PM -0800

    One of my graduate students is doing some interesting work on acoustic
    ray tracing in hypersonic flows. In particular, the region near the
    stagnation point of a blunt body is of interest. So I did some
    computations using Amrita. What he needs is X, Y, U, V and speed of
    sound in the coarse and refined grids. Since the command flowout
    stores this information and much more, there must be a way of
    extracting all of what he needs from one of the files .dstr or .solv.
    We did it so far with just the coarse grid by using probe, but finer
    resolution is needed near the shock for the ray tracing to behave
    properly. Could anyone please help us with that?

    Perhaps someone has already produced a script for acoustic ray
    tracing.

    Hans

    James Quirk <j...@galcit.caltech.edu> Feb 27 01:17PM -0800

    Hans,

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2012, Hans Hornung wrote:

    > sound in the coarse and refined grids. Since the command flowout
    > stores this information and much more, there must be a way of
    > extracting all of what he needs from one of the files .dstr or .solv.
    The attached script, run_get_flowfield, shows how to grab
    the information you're after. It does this by compiling and running
    a small FORTRAN fragment to loop over all the cells in AMR_SOL's
    current solution field. Thus there is no need to access the .dstr and
    .solv files, directly. You will still need to connect the dots,
    as it were, but the attached will at least get ypu started.

    James

    Matei Radulescu <ma...@uottawa.ca> Feb 27 09:36PM

    Hans,
    Gary Sharpe, Carlos Leung and myself have done something simpler for
    1D detonation dynamics, where we integrated the location of the C+, C- and
    C0 characteristics. Gary implemented this by integrating the
    characteristic relations using a first order Euler in time and first order
    interpolation in space.
    I have attached our script, see the fold close to line 189.
    Matei

    Hans Hornung <hgho...@gmail.com> Feb 27 11:31AM -0800

    One of my graduate students is doing some interesting work on acoustic ray
    tracing in hypersonic flows. In particular, the region near the stagnation
    point of a blunt body is of interest. So I did some computations using
    Amrita. What he needs is X, Y, U, V and speed of sound in the coarse and
    refined grids. Since the command flowout stores this information and much
    more, there must be a way of extracting all of what he needs from one of
    the files .dstr or .solv. We did it so far with just the coarse grid by
    using probe, but finer resolution is needed near the shock for the ray
    tracing to behave properly. Could anyone please help us with that?

    Perhaps someone has already written a script to do ray tracing within
    Amrita?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group amrita-ebook.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

James Quirk

Feb 29, 2012, 6:25:30 PM2/29/12
to Hans Hornung, amrita...@googlegroups.com
Hans,

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Hans Hornung wrote:

> Thanks James.
>
> Mattei, did you forget to attach the script or am I too dumb to find it?
>
> Hans.

It's possible that Matei's attachment was stipped off in the
digest you received. If so, you can grab a copy from:

http://groups.google.com/group/amrita-ebook/browse_thread/thread/5b3519cf23eaf16f

James