Ray tracing

Hans Hornung

Feb 27, 2012, 2:31:38 PM2/27/12
to amrita-ebook
One of my graduate students is doing some interesting work on acoustic ray tracing in hypersonic flows. In particular, the region near the stagnation point of a blunt body is of interest. So I did some computations using Amrita. What he needs is X, Y, U, V and speed of sound in the coarse and refined grids. Since the command flowout stores this information and much more, there must be a way of extracting all of what he needs from one of the files .dstr or .solv. We did it so far with just the coarse grid by using probe, but finer resolution is needed near the shock for the ray tracing to behave properly. Could anyone please help us with that?

Perhaps someone has already written a script to do ray tracing within Amrita?