Building amrita on Ubuntu 11.10

Roger Mason

Nov 24, 2011, 10:15:24 AM11/24/11
to amrita...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In building R19-11-2011 on a Ubuntu 11.10 box I find that plugin::amrita
fails:

ld: cannot find /usr/lib/crt1.o

crt1.o is in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/. A symlink solves the problem but
I wonder if there's a way of configuring amrita to find this file.

Thanks,
Roger

James Quirk

Nov 24, 2011, 10:57:12 AM11/24/11
to amrita...@googlegroups.com
Roger,

There's nothing to stop you from customizing the callbacks in
$AMRITA/SYSTEM/Linux/x86_{32,64}. As things stand, there is
a file which-gcc and you could add machinery in that to determine
the location of crt1.o . This would involve running the likes of
gcc -v
gcc -print-search-dirs
then parsing the output to determine the location of crt1. Once
found it would be stored in variable as is currently done
with $gcc, $g77, $gxx etc. .

James

Thanks,
> Roger

Roger Mason

Nov 24, 2011, 11:26:10 AM11/24/11
to amrita...@googlegroups.com
Hello James,

James Quirk <j...@galcit.caltech.edu> writes:

> There's nothing to stop you from customizing the callbacks in
> $AMRITA/SYSTEM/Linux/x86_{32,64}. As things stand, there is
> a file which-gcc and you could add machinery in that to determine
> the location of crt1.o . This would involve running the likes of
> gcc -v
> gcc -print-search-dirs
> then parsing the output to determine the location of crt1. Once
> found it would be stored in variable as is currently done
> with $gcc, $g77, $gxx etc. .

OK. I'll work on that.

Thanks,
Roger