Cache limit?

Eddie Shipman

May 16, 2016, 6:02:59 PM5/16/16
to Amplify

This is an ASP.Net MVC5 aplication.

We have a document archive for our customers. Some customers have a rather large archive, up to 15,000 documents. The data is retrieved from a web service and converted to JSON for use in our grid display.

I am using ShieldUI Grid for displaying the list of documents. I would like to somehow retrieve all their document, in the background and load the grid from that data store vs. having to load from our web service for each page.

This makes the grid much easier to filter and sort because I don't have to make a round-trip to the server for the data. Besides, the filtering only works with the current page, anyway.

The data for the customer with the largest number of documents, returned in JSON format is about 5.76MB (JSON string length approx 6,048,120 chars). Any thoughts on what to use to handle this type caching? Is 6MB too much to have the client handle the caching?