AMPL IDE does not respond in MacOS

Tasnim Ibn Faiz

Dec 1, 2020, 5:48:47 PM12/1/20
to am...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
AMPL IDE opens in MacOS, but then it does not respond to keypad/mouse/ keyboard.
Is there any fix for this issue?
Thanks,
Tasnim

AMPL Google Group

Dec 1, 2020, 7:15:06 PM12/1/20
to AMPL Modeling Language
Dear Tasnim,

We had issues with AMPL IDE and the macOS Big Sur update. We have an experimental version of AMPL IDE that you can use available at:

https://ampl.com/dl/nfbvs/experimental

Download and extract the file and move the resulting amplide.app to the same folder where you have AMPL.
Note that you have to run (double click) the script ampl.command afterwards, otherwise you will get the message:

"Amplide" is damaged and can't be opened.
You should move it to the Trash.

You should have "ampl.command" in the folder where you have the AMPL executable and solvers. If not:
  • download the following file: https://ampl.com/demo/amplide.macosx64.tgz. Move it out of the Downloads folder and unpack it. Find "ampl.command" inside and drag it into the same folder as the AMPL executable.
  • Control-click "ampl.command" and select Open in the menu that pops up.
  • If a box containing a warning message ("macOS cannot verify the developer") pops up, click Open in that box.
  • An ampl.command Terminal window will appear. After a few seconds, you will see "ampl:" in the last line of in the window. You can then terminate that window (by clicking the red button at the upper left).
Please let us know if you find any issues with this version of AMPL IDE.

Hope this helps!
Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

Tuan Le

Dec 2, 2020, 12:49:11 AM12/2/20
to am...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nicolau,

I tried out the new Amplide one following exactly the same step as you suggested, but I still got the same error message

"Amplide" is damaged and can't be opened.
You should move it to the Trash.

(note that I got this message after running ampl command successfully and then double-click on the Amplide).

I hope this issue would be fixed soon.

AMPL Google Group

Dec 3, 2020, 9:42:59 PM12/3/20
to AMPL Modeling Language
The message

"Amplide" is damaged and can't be opened.
You should move it to the Trash.

suggests that amplide is still blocked. Can you confirm that the organization of files in your folder is similar to the one in the following picture? (Note that Amplide, the ampl executable ampl, the script ampl.command and the solvers like cplex or gurobi are all in the same folder)

finder.png

If all files are in the same folder then amplide-3.6.3.app.tar.gz was probably damaged during the download. I'll ask you to delete it and repeat the process.

If after these steps you still cannot use amplide, I'll ask you to open a terminal and use the cd command to navigate to the folder where you have ampl, amplide and the other files (something similar to "cd Documents/ampl", depending on your folder structure) and please sends us the output of the commands "ls" and "xattr -rl ." by screenshot or copied text so that we can try to analyze the situation.

Thank you!

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 12:14 AM UTC, AMPL Google Group <am...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

OM SHARAN KAUSHIK

Jan 7, 2021, 9:02:43 AM1/7/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello All,
Even I am facing the same issue as Tasnim. AMPL does not respond after opening. I tried downloaded the application from the link and after running it gives the same
"Amplide" is damaged and can't be opened.
You should move it to the Trash.
PFB the screenshot of "ls" and "xattr -rl ."

AMPL Google Group

Jan 7, 2021, 3:08:35 PM1/7/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
The provided link redirects to an old version of AMPL IDE and will be removed soon.
Please download AMPL IDE from its main page
https://ampl.com/products/ide/
and follow the detailed installation instructions at the end of the page.

Hope this helps!
Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 2:42 AM UTC, AMPL Google Group <am...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

OM SHARAN KAUSHIK

Jan 8, 2021, 10:15:00 AM1/8/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello,
I downloaded from the main page but still face the same error. Please help.

AMPL Google Group

Jan 8, 2021, 9:20:37 PM1/8/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
Open a terminal and use the cd command to navigate to the folder where you have ampl, amplide and the other files (something similar to "cd Documents/ampl", depending on your folder structure) and execute the command "xattr -rc ." and try to run amplide afterwards.

Hope this helps!
Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 8:08 PM UTC, AMPL Google Group <am...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
The provided link redirects to an old version of AMPL IDE and will be removed soon.
Please download AMPL IDE from its main page
https://ampl.com/products/ide/
and follow the detailed installation instructions at the end of the page.

Hope this helps!
Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

OM SHARAN KAUSHIK

Jan 9, 2021, 10:26:37 AM1/9/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello,
I tried downloading from the main page as well and it gave the same error message. Please help.

OM SHARAN KAUSHIK

Jan 9, 2021, 10:26:42 AM1/9/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
Still not working. Same error message with the new amplide IDE downloaded from the main page.
Please help

Madhu Venkatesh

Sep 7, 2021, 8:59:32 AM9/7/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
I'm facing the same issue with the AMPL IDE after the command file runs fine. Please help out.

AMPL Google Group

Sep 7, 2021, 3:32:13 PM9/7/21
to AMPL Modeling Language

Hope this helps!
Best regards,

Nicolau

--
Nicolau Santos
am...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 2:20 AM UTC, AMPL Google Group <am...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Open a terminal and use the cd command to navigate to the folder where you have ampl, amplide and the other files (something similar to "cd Documents/ampl", depending on your folder structure) and execute the command "xattr -rc ." and try to run amplide afterwards.
Hope this helps!
Best regards,

--
Nicolau Santos