Amplpy integration

Faith Idoko

Feb 20, 2023, 1:58:52 PM2/20/23
to AMPL Modeling Language
Hello everyone,

I have ampl installed on my system but trying to run it in python using google colab.
I keep getting this error message when I try linking python to the ampl installation on my system

RuntimeError: AMPL could not be started. Message from process thread: cannot execute C:\\Users\\OneDrive\\Desktop\\ampl_mswin64 (1)l: No such file or directory

I tried using sys.path.append to set the directory in the environment to no avail.

Please help, thanks.

AMPL Google Group

Feb 20, 2023, 2:07:04 PM2/20/23
to AMPL Modeling Language
Google Colab is not able to access software installed on your machine, but you can run AMPL on Google Colab as explained in https://colab.ampl.com/#getting-started

See for instance the notebook: https://colab.research.google.com/github/ampl/amplcolab/blob/master/authors/fdabrandao/quick-start/pandasdiet.ipynb

By the name of your installation folder (ampl_mswin64), I believe you are using a course bundle. You can use the course license on Google Colab by using the Course UUID.

--
Filipe Brandão
AMPL Forum

Faith Idoko

Feb 20, 2023, 4:16:49 PM2/20/23
to am...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AMPL Modeling Language" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ampl/reply-77152-2161324847-6439695300-1676920020-893788627%40helpscout.net.