RE: [AMPL 6091] Time limit with snopt

Robert Fourer

Sep 2, 2012, 2:37:16 PM9/2/12
to am...@googlegroups.com

Indeed a time-limit option does not seem to be listed in the SNOPT documentation,

   www.cam.ucsd.edu/~peg/papers/sndoc7.pdf

To see if maybe there is an undocumented option for this purpose, you could contact the lead developer, Philip Gill; his contact information is given in the documentation as pg...@ucsd.edu, http://www.cam.ucsd.edu/~peg.

Bob Fourer

4...@ampl.com

May 25, 2013, 5:23:15 PM5/25/13
to am...@googlegroups.com

I agree -- there are some iteration limits for SNOPT, but there doesn't seem to be any way to set a time limit.  Any time limit has to be enforced from within the solver program, so AMPL cannot enforce a time limit if the solver doesn’t provide an option for one.

Bob Fourer

am...@googlegroups.com